Monday 25 June 2012

Sunshine and bogs

The sun came out today so I jumped in the car and roared off to Rhyd Ddu. My plan was to shoot the train from the rocky outcrop above Fridd Isaf curve just below Rhyd Ddu station and then chase the train back to Port. My plan worked out well for once and I got several long shots of the approaching train with 87 at its head.



Once I had squelched back to the car across the peat bogs I headed for Beddgelert. I managed to be on the move before the train left Rhyd Ddu so had plenty of time to get to Bryn y Felin bridge, park up and cross the river to get a nice shot of the train crossing the bridge. The sunshine was somewhat intermittent so shooting up at the train from the beach got the maximum amount of blue sky into frame.



Next dash was from Aberglaslyn to Pont Croesor where I was just in time to get a couple of shots on the bridge.

No comments: