Monday 29 July 2013

After rain... midges

It finally rained the other night so I decided that I'd go and get some footage of FR trains and their waterfalls. The most notable one being at Tanygrisiau where the line crosses over the Afon Cwmorthin. Unfortunately the tree growth over the last few years has meant that the falls and the train are virtually invisible from the road where you can get to video it. However I got a few shots around the area and a reasonable crack at the shot I went for... sort of. After the train passed I walked up above the line to get some shots of the falls from above.
 
What waterfall?

How do the car drivers know when to come past to knacker my shot?

I must come back on a sunny day and get this shot with a train in it
 
After that I drove down to TYB to one of my favourite locations on the FR, Creau bank. Because it is surrounded by trees it gets overlooked but it is pretty much as tall as Cae Mawr. The stream which passes under it has a wooden bridge over a waterfall and it is all in a very pretty little valley which leads down to Llyn Mair below.
 

It was a while before a train was due so I contented myself getting some pretty shots of the water and so on. I thought that there would be more water than there was but this area is always damp being in the temperate rainforest which the side valley with TYB in it creates.


 
 
 
This is a bit of a new thing, shot on my phone so you can see the camera set up
 
Anyway once the down and up trains has passed by, I went back to Port to pop an antihistamine pill and then edit and upload the following little package. I set the pictures to a tune called After Rain as this seemed appropriate. Some people have commented positively on this and others moan; it is impossible to please everyone all the time but most of these shots have very little natural soundtrack and it also allows me to use the shot at TYG which has the car passing in front of the camera which you see in the still picture.
 
Here is the video, I rather like it.
 

 

No comments: