Tuesday 31 July 2012

La la land

This evening I've been working on the music that will accompany the chapter on Portmeirion in the 'Year in Snowdonia' DVD. It is now the correct length and the dynamic follows the general flow of the pictures. Next I will make a master recording of the finished mix and take it to the video editing PC. I will transfer the WAV file of the music  to the PC and import it into Vegas, the editing software. The pictures can now be tightened to the music so that the pictures change in time with the music, the changes are not sudden cuts but nonetheless it makes for a more satisfying flow done that way. Often editors will use a piece of music to edit pictures to, even if this won't be heard in the final package for just this reason. The music on this DVD will all be arrangements of traditional Welsh tunes and this one is Cwm Rhondda or as it is known in English, Bread of Heaven.


I have finally fitted most of my equipment into the space I have available, and this evening I found a space for one of my favourite synthesisers, a Roland SH101. (top left)  This is the oldest synth I own and dates from the 1980s. I used to use one of these back then when I worked with a friend on recording demos for Duran Duran wannabes, all dreadful but good practice for the two of us. We were Old Coulsdon's answer to Stock, Aitken and Waterman... not sure which one I was... Waterman I guess.

No comments: