Thursday 11 April 2013

Red engines mostly

Since my last waffle I've been out with the camera a few times and finally finished the Fred DVD and got it on sale.


Seems to be selling well so I hope that people enjoy it, we've started thinking about shooting dates for part 2 - The deviation years. Anyway a there are a few other things to get finished before then.

The Paddington DVDs finally turned up in time for the last weekend down there but they won't go off and they don't have anything which dates them to this year so I'm sure they will be useful for marketing give-aways for a good long while. I do wish I'd stuck to my guns for the cover picture but there we are, Mr Lewin is the boss.

 
The day after I went out in the snow to get the shots of the WHR that make up the short package in the previous post I went out again and went to some different locations so that the final edit in the year of the life DVD will be quite different and extended. One location I'd never gone to before was the far end of Plas y Nant halt platform that you can see in the picture above. Quite nice.



 
 

In the pictures above, lurking behind Moel-y-Gest is the freshly restored and painted Prince. While I was there they were setting the safety valves which was interesting to see and which will probably end up on the year 2013 disk. sadly the next day was my day off and this was when the 'old gent' had a test run so I didn't get to capture that.

 

The next day I was back at work and so I popped over to Minffordd Yard to see Princess arriving back on FR metals from London and Prince swapping places on the lorry for his trip to Acton this weekend, where he will be chuffing up and down at the London Transport Museum open day. Sadly I can't go down and shoot that, so I've sent the second unit. Chris Parry is going and he has a stills camera which can also take HD video and he promises to bring me back some footage.

The horse in the above picture which also appears in the video below is the equine star of the forthcoming Steam 150 event and is at Minffordd getting used to the clanking, hissing and grunting of the railway and its staff.




This is the video of the swapping of the locos.


My new PC is settling down and works very well, the new version of Vegas (Pro12) has a slight tendency to hang up and fall over rather too often but while it is running is great. I'm still running on one monitor which is a royal pain in the seating area but hopefully that should be solved tomorrow... we'll see.

No comments: