Friday 12 April 2013

Two screens on my wagon

At last I have two monitors again. Hurray. However... it seems that I have to plug the second one into the PC once I've launched Vegas, the editing software, or it won't open. I suspect that I need to adjust something somewhere.


From left to right the equipment you can see is:2 x disk duplicators, 1 disk printer with ordinary desktop printer on top, Left hand audio monitor, 2 x video monitors, Right hand audio monitor with small audio mixer in front of it and with 3 x 1TB hard drives and network hub and card reader on top, PC in white case with lit up ventilation fans. Out of shot there is the power amplifier for the audio monitors. Also on the desk are the camera battery charger and the camera power supply which I use when I am downloading video from the camera.

The PC is basically a high end gaming machine because it needs to have plenty of memory and high speed graphics cards, of which it has 2. This allows me to see the video playing back at full quality and without being jerky as it was on the old machine. Between the internal and external drives I have 6TB of memory (and a further 3TB as a back up). The 3TB of external drives are all pretty much full, HD video files are enormous but this should keep me going for a couple of years. The gaming origins of the PC explain the rather over the top appearance of the case and the lit up fans. It looks like Darth Vader's toaster.


 

No comments: